- ClearVue has signed an MOU with BeyondPV of Taiwan (Republic of China)
- ClearVue to appoint BeyondPV as an OEM Supplier under an OEM Supply Agreement
- BeyondPV to invest USD $3.5m (indicative) in establishing a dedicated production line for production of ClearVue’s solar strip modules
- BeyondPV to work with ClearVue on ongoing research and development and product improvement of the ClearVue IGU and smart façade products
15 July 2019: Smart building materials company ClearVue Technologies Limited (ASX:CPV) (“ClearVue” or “the Company”) is pleased to announce that it has signed an MOU with BeyondPV Company, Ltd of Taiwan (R.O.C) (“BeyondPV”).
BeyondPV is a leading developer and designer of photovoltaic technologies including monocrystalline Si and CIGS solar panels and modules with high conversion efficiency for use in power generation.
Test strip PV modules prepared by BeyondPV for Clearvue.
Under the terms of the MOU and proposed formal OEM Supply Agreement BeyondPV will design, manufacture and supply to ClearVue and to ClearVue’s licensed manufacturers solar PV strip modules for use in ClearVue’s solar PV IGU’s, windows and smart façades.
Key binding aspects of the MOU are as follows:
- BeyondPV to invest USD $3.5m (indicative) in establishing a dedicated production line to produce ClearVue’s solar strip modules for ClearVue, for integration by ClearVue and its licensees into the ClearVue IGU and smart façade products. Such investment to commence before December 2019;
- BeyondPV to provide ongoing R&D activities for continuous improvement of the ClearVue product and technology during the OEM supply term;
- BeyondPV and ClearVue to work cooperatively to maximize the solar strip shipments for ClearVue and its licensees project developments. The target of solar module strip shipment volumes in 2020 is to be greater than 200,000 strips;
- BeyondPV to co-operate on further development of high-quality high-performance solar modules for use and deployment into ClearVue’s IGU and façade products;
- ClearVue to continue to obtain supply from its other OEM manufacturer of its solar strip modules until such time as BeyondPV can produce at high capacity for ClearVue;
The OEM Supply Agreement is to be finalised and signed within 60 days.
BeyondPV factory in Tainan, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Other aspects of the MOU are confidential, non-binding and may be the subject of a future announcement.
Commenting on the relationship with BeyondPV, ClearVue Executive Chairman Victor Rosenberg has said:
“The MOU with BeyondPV represents a significant step forward for ClearVue. The relationship with BeyondPV will secure for ClearVue and its manufacturing licensees the supply of high-quality high-performance solar strip modules for integration into the ClearVue IGU and smart façade products.
BeyondPV’s investment into production facilities for creating the ClearVue solar strip modules, a critical component in the ClearVue IGU design and products is a wonderful testament to the commitment that BeyondPV has demonstrated in the ClearVue product and our vision for solar PV generating smart windows and facades.”
Commenting on the MOU, BeyondPV President, Dr Wei-Lun Lu has said:
“BeyondPV is looking forward to working with ClearVue in this exciting new area of BIPV specifically the integration of solar PV into glass windows and smart building facades. We have a dedicated team of world leading solar specialists who have over the last few months, whilst working with ClearVue leading up to the signing of this MOU, have got to know the company, its technology and vision and are on board to work with ClearVue to grow this significant new opportunity together. We are very pleased to have this opportunity and are looking forward to a very long future with ClearVue.”
For further information, please contact:
ClearVue Technologies Limited
ClearVue Technologies Limited
P: +61 8 9482 0500
Chapter One Advisors
M: +61 433 112 936
About ClearVue Technologies Limited
ClearVue Technologies Limited (ASX: CPV) is an Australian technology company that operates in the Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BPIV) sector which involves the integration of solar technology into glass and building surfaces specifically windows and building facades, to provide renewable energy. ClearVue has developed advanced glass technology that aims to preserve glass transparency to maintain building aesthetics whilst generating electricity.
Solar PV cells are incorporated around the edges of an Insulated Glass Unit (IGU) used in windows and the lamination interlayer between the glass in the IGU incorporates ClearVue’s patented proprietary nano and micro particles, as well as its spectral selective coating on the rear external surface of the IGU.
ClearVue’s window technology has application for use in the building and construction and agricultural industries (amongst others).
ClearVue has worked closely with leading experts from the Electron Science Research Institute, Edith Cowan University (ECU) in Perth, Western Australia to develop the technology.
To learn more please visit: www.clearvuepv.com
BeyondPV is a world-leading developer and designer of photovoltaic technologies including monocrystalline Si and CIGS solar panels and modules with high conversion efficiency for use in power generation. BeyondPV also designs, engineers and implements fabrication facilities and plants for other leading solar PV module makers throughout the World.
Recent projects for BeyondPV include development of a turnkey 400MW CIGS manufacturing facility for Hangzhou Jinjiang Group in China during 2018. The project included fabrication facility layout and design, production of tooling specifications and acquisition of tooling, fab automation design and baseline setup (BOM selection with 15% module efficiency). Other recent projects include rollout of solar power plants in Taiwan and China with total power production capacity of over 25MW.
For further information:
BeyondPV Company, Ltd
Dr. Wei-Lun Lu,
No. 128, Gongye 2nd Rd.,
Tainan City 70955, TAIWAN
Forward Looking Statements
Statements contained in this release, particularly those regarding possible or assumed future performance, revenue, costs, dividends, production levels or rates, prices or potential growth of ClearVue Technologies Limited, are, or may be, forward looking statements. Such statements relate to future events and expectations and, as such, involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results and developments may differ materially from those expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements depending on a variety of factors.
Aktuelle Pressemeldungen dieses Unternehmens direkt in Ihr Postfach:
Mitteilung übermittelt durch IRW-Press.com. Für den Inhalt ist der Aussender verantwortlich.
Kostenloser Abdruck mit Quellenangabe erlaubt.